Natasa Cyrus commented on A Public Option Could Be Costly For Coloradans 2020-10-30 22:52:38 -0600
Natasa Cyrus wants to volunteer 2020-10-30 22:49:37 -0600
Select all areas of personal interest below.
Not all have active projects or opportunities right now, but we hope to get you involved in something cool very soon!
AUS research endorsed 2020-10-30 22:47:51 -0600
The American health care system, while offering good care to those that can afford it, is fundamentally flawed in its basic structure and leaves too many citizens without access to necessary care at an affordable rate. While improvements are being made, we believe in the following basic principles that will improve access, cost, and quality for all citizens.
If you wish to sign on as an endorsing organization or individual, please do so below.
- We believe that all individuals that need medical care should be able to obtain needed medical care.
- We believe that all citizens have a right to seek quality, affordable health care.
- We believe that financial barriers to care should be removed, so that our focus is on improving health and wellness.
- We believe that saving over $1.4 Billion per year by covering everyone in Colorado with an efficient, universal, robust plan is fiscally responsible and morally prudent.
- We believe that quality should be a universal goal, as opposed to a multi-tiered system that introduces different levels of quality.
- We believe that continuity of care is essential to improved quality.
- We believe that long-term focus on prevention is lost in a market-oriented health care system.
- We believe that integrated data systems for all patients and providers is critical for improved outcomes and making intelligent treatment decisions.
- We believe that any system that is not universal in nature creates too many opportunities for failure and abuse.
- We believe that eliminating overhead designed to segment the population into different groups is essential in bringing down costs and promoting quality.
- We believe that universal coverage is essential to eliminate job-lock and promote entrepreneurship.
- We believe that the health care relationship should be between a patient and provider, without interference from insurers or employers that have different financial objectives.
- We believe that giving citizens the freedom to choose their health care providers is essential to improving quality, expanding access, and introducing positive market forces.
- We believe in protecting the privacy of the patient/provider relationship through public accountability.
- We believe in eliminating financial conflicts of interest in making medical treatment decisions.